In this blog, you will learn, How to set up your Netgear Range Extender N300 Through step by step and easy to follow guide using two most widely used methods, first through the WPS Method and Second using the Mywifiext Website which is also used for Netgear N300 Extender Setup, In case If the router you are using is not WPS Enabled.
Before diving into the setup of your range extender, Let us get familiarize ourselves with the Extender device and why we need it.
Into To Netgear N300 Extenders
It can be annoying to have a weak or No Wifi coverage Area in your house or office in the digital age. Netgear N300 Extender helps you to extend your existing wifi coverage to various dead spots of your house, where you do not receive the wifi coverage area.
The extender works with all the routers manufactured by Netgear and other router providers such as Link, the extender comes in a plug-in design that helps you to extend your network to various devices such as your smartphone. Tablets, play stations.
The N300 device also comes in with the External Antennas that ensure a better coverage area for your wifi.
It is easy to set up your Extender device and does not require any CD in order to configure your extender with the router device.
Extender N300 also comes with an Ethernet port that allows you to extend your network to those devices that do not have WiFi functionality using the LAN cable through the Ethernet port.
The device also has smart LED Indicators that help you to know the optimal location in order to find the best way to extend the WiFi coverage area and other connections status. The device is also enabled with the WPS enabled that helps you to set up and connect the device using the WPS Protocol.
In case, If you had not brought an WiFi Extender or planning to buy an extender make sure to read our extender Buying Guide
Meaning of Various LED Lights On your Extender.
It’s important for you to understand the meaning of various LED Indicators in order to set up and Use your device Effectively.
Here is what light means on your extender based on their color:-
Router Link LED
This LED Tells Users the Connection between the extender and the router device.
- Solid Green means that the connection between the router and the extender is Good.
- Amber light shows that the connection between the router and the extender is Average
- Solid Red light indicates that the connection between the router and extender is Poor.
- OFF means that there is no connection between the router and extender
Client Link LED
The Client Link LED Help User to understand the connection between the Wifi device connected and the Extender.
- Solid Green LED Light means that the connection between the extender and the Client wifi device is Strong
- Amber lights indicates that the connection between both devices is Average
- Solid RED Shows that the connection between the client device and extender is Poor
- No LED Light means that there is no device connected to the Extender Network.
This LED Light Helps users to identify whether the extender is activated or not.
- If the LED light is Solid Amber that means that the extender device is still booting Up.
- Solid Green means that the device is Ready to Use.
- No Light means that the extender is Switched Off.
WPS(Wifi Protected Setup) LED Helps Users to identify the status of the WPS Security.
- If the Green LED Light is blinking that means the WPS Connection is being established between the devices.
- If the LED is Solid Green that means the connection is successfully setup
- No LED Light means that the WPS Is not enabled Yet.
How to setup The Netgear N300 Range Extender
There are two ways through which anyone can set up their N300 Range extender Easily.
Setup Netgear N300 Wifi Range Extender Using the WPS Method
The extender N300 has WPS Capabilities that enable users to set up their Extender using the WPS Method, which enables users to set up without visiting the Netgear genie wizard or typing the password. Here is a step by step guide:-
- Your Extender and Router should be placed in the same room, nearby to each other.
- Make sure that the router you are planning to extend should have an internet connection and also make sure that its WPS Enabled.
- Plug the Netgear extender into the electric socket and wait till the router is successfully booted up and the LED Turns Solid solid green.
- Press the WPS button for a few seconds until the LED light starts to blink.
- Click on the router WPS Button.
- Wait till WPS Led Light turns Solid green on both the router and the extender.
- Place your extender in the right place, where you want to keep the extender device.
- Now you will get a network in your WiFi Option with your routername_ext.
- Connect your Device with your extender device.
Congratulations, you have successfully completed your Netgear N300 Extender setup process, Also check our blog on how to setup Wifi extenders for more information.
Note:- The WPS is more recommended to users who are not tech-savvy and in order setup using the WPS Method, your router. The Router also needs to be WPS Capable.
Netgear N300 Extender Setup Using The Mywifiext (Netgear Genie Setup Wizard)
Another way of setting up your Wifi booster is through The Website mywifiext using the Genie Setup wizard. It’s easy with this step by step guide all you need to do is to follow this guide.
- Firstly, Bring your router and extender in the same room in order to set up your device.
- Second Step is to Connect your extender into the reliable power socket and turn it on. This Process can easily take up to 30 Seconds in order to boot up the router so, wait till the power LED turns Solid Green.
- Third Step is to Connect Your Device to the extender network
- Fourth step is to open a web browser in your Device. Keep 2-3 Web browsers ready.
- Fifth step is to go to mywiifiext.net Website, so that you can set up your extender.
- Click on the New extender setup Option.
- Netgear Genie Wizards opens and creates a new account.
- Follow the setup process that appears in front of you and change the name and password of your extender.
- Now connect your device with the extender network using the password you set.
In Short, Congrats as you have successfully set up your Wifi extender, In case, If you are still facing any issue, Do not worry, call our Netgear experts and get your issue resolved in no time.
How wifi-ext setup can help You:-
Mywifiext Help team consist of expert and certified technicians who are always ready and happy to help you no matter what the issue is and when you want it to get resolved we are here to help you and helps you to resolve your issue in no time, you can connect with our experts through various ways such as by calling on our Toll-Free number +1-888-245-4797